Saturday 15 June 2013

Want to be Serenaded (@ Carib Island)?

I've been in Nottingham, where I'm at Uni, for the past few days, and they've been pretty busy! On Wednesday I had a slightly hectic Makro run to get refreshments for the theatre, including a run in with a jobsworth security man (grr) the we had the by-election where I ran for (and won- yay!) Costumes and Props Manager for the committee next year. Then I went to Antalya, a Turkish Restaurant, where the show I produced for 2Magpies Theatre 'Serenade' was performed on both Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday we also had the meeting to decide who gets commendations and fellowships in the New Theatre Awards at our end of year Boat Party on Monday, which is very exciting but currently TOP SECRET! :) The same 2Magpies show (but not quite the same, because there's no script as such) will be performed at Carib Island restaurant next Wednesday 19th June in Derby. If you want to see it (and trust me, you do), tickets can be bought from www.2magpiestheatre.co.uk . It's only £15.50 for both a show from a brand new theatre company and a delicious 3 course Caribbean meal. You can't really argue with that!
Anyway, shameless plug over! I went into town today to buy a handbag for the Nottingham New Theatre Boat Party on Monday. I was determined that I didn't want a clutch bag for fear of dropping it, or getting bored carrying it and then forgetting, blah blah blah... But I knew I wanted silver, and after traipsing round for ages finding nothing suitable, I ended up with, yes, a clutch bag. However, I went to Paperchase and bought some silver ribbon to make a little wrist strap, so if I do drop it, I'll know about it/the risk of it plunging to the bottom of the River Trent, never to be seen again, will be greatly reduced. Which I think can only be a good thing. It's pretty basic sewing-wise, but I will put a picture up anyway, to show you what I mean.
Hopefully by Tuesday morning I will have lots of pictures of everyone on the boat looking beautiful, so I will put some of those up as soon as possible. I can't wait, it's the only time we ever see each other all at once as there are too many of us to fill in the theatre at any one time, plus everyone always looks so gorgeous!
Sorry for the report style post- didn't want anyone to think I had forgotten about this!
I fully intend to have a much more interesting post by Tuesday, so I will be back then (or soon after...)
Speak soon! xxx

Twitter- @NicolaBethanFox

No comments:

Post a Comment