Sunday 23 June 2013

On a par with the Oscars...

Hi Everyone!
Sorry for the delay, but as promised, I have lots of photos of the membership of the New Theatre looking lovely on our cruise along the River Trent for the annual Boat Party for you. I staying in Notts a bit longer than planned so haven't had time to do a post- sorry!
On Monday, the Park Yacht Club played host to the initial photo shoot (ranging from near-professional to pretty ridiculous) before we got on the boat and enjoyed the barbeque, live music and *ahem* open bar. It's so nice to see everyone dressed up; we get so used to seeing each other in jeans and stash hoodies that we forget that everyone owns other, smarter clothes. It's also great to see so many people all at the same time- that's a rarer occurrence than you tend to think.
About halfway through the cruise we started giving out the Nottingham New Theatre Awards (hence the blog post title!), which celebrates various achievements in acting, directing, ensemble, tech, backstage etc as well as giving out commendations and fellowships to our graduating members who have gone above and beyond throughout their New Theatre careers. I came 3rd in the Best Uncut Actress category, which was a lot more than I was expecting so I was really excited about that- probably excessively so to be honest. Never mind! I also got to hand out a couple of awards which was so nice- particularly the commendation that went to one of my best friends/adoptive older brother. (I'll post the photo at the bottom of this).
After the Boat we went to Bodega, my favourite Nottingham club, where we had the upstairs to ourselves and the DJ was happy to play quite a lot of our, admittedly retro, requests. :) The night was sad at times because it has been a bit of a difficult year for everyone, and there are a lot of leavers this year, but the night wasn't spoilt in the least.
Serenade@CaribIsland in Derby was great too, we got hopelessly lost again despite my high hopes for the combined sense of direction of the whole (5-strong) cast and crew, but we had, luckily, set off in plenty of time. It was a bit like driving a set of unruly children around at times but they made me laugh so much! The show went really well and the food was gorgeous- next time any of you are in Derby, go to Carib Island and have the jerk chicken followed by sticky ginger cake; you will not be disappointed!
I had meant to come home on Friday, but I stayed for my housemate's birthday yesterday, for which we went to town for cocktails in Dogma and Coco Tang. I got complemented on my dress a few times which was so sweet to hear. :) Nice to realise how kind strangers can be :) . All three of us needed cheering up a bit for various reasons and I think it's safe to say we managed it! When the music was good, we had a really good time. I'll check the pictures and perhaps put a couple up here- they might not be that suitable though! Tehe.
Not really sure what I'm up to for the rest of the week yet, but if I find myself doing anything interesting, I will let you know!
xxx
Me giving Matt his commendation on the boat.

Me and my beautiful friend Emily, who's committee position I'm taking over next year. My dress is from Asos and I had silver shoes from George but I don't think they made an appearance in any pictures!
I prefer the back of the dress to the front, and this (below) is the only picture I have of it, sorry.
 

Terrible of me, but this is (L-R) Phil, Alex, Gen, James and Dan who were all involved in the UNCUT show 'Moon' last semester :) We only had two weeks to put it on so you can imagine that it was slightly stressful at times... But they're all great so I wanted to put them on here!


This is the only photo of all three of us from last night so I'm sorry it's a bit dark. We were in the kitchen attempting to use the camera timer and not entirely succeeding... Ah well. (L-R) Jess, Me, Kathryn.
Another Asos dress- can be found here...
This also has a lovely plunge back with lace side panels, thing they're my new thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment