Sunday 9 June 2013

How very English summertime!

Hi everyone!
This afternoon I went with my mum on a rhododendron walk at Tirley Garth, which is about ten minutes drive away from where I live. It's a private residence, but every so often, they have an open day, I think generally for charity. They are quite famous locally for their rhododendrons, which my mum has a bit of a thing about (but honestly, it's not as bad as blossom), so she wanted to go and I thought it would be nice to go too. I may have sounded sceptical in the last sentence, but honestly, they were beautiful and at times quite amazing really, so I thought I would share a couple of photos with you :) I hope they come out ok, I'm still working my way around this and they were only taken on my phone, so sorry if they're not all that great.
Afterwards, we were going to have tea in the cafĂ©, but something got us onto the subject of Pimms instead, which obviously took immediate precedence. Especially as it's not meant to be sunny tomorrow: it was effectively a requirement! Sitting in the garden with glasses of Pimms and fruit topped off a very English, almost Edwardian afternoon. I never can resist the historical! :)
 This is the beginning of the rhododendron walk. They got a lot bigger and more impressive as we went along, but it was shadier so the camera wouldn't have shown it properly.
 I thought the red one was quite unusual- this may be wrong (no expert) but I really liked it!
It's a bit squashed (sorry!) but my mum took this photo of me next to the fountain in the ornamental garden bit. I will try and work out how to adjust it but for now...
I Am Wearing...
Sunglasses (really old)- Next
Watch- Next £15 (unable to find on the website but I only bought it recently so it should still be in the shops. It's very cute- it has a cat's face on the clock face!)
Top- Topshop (no longer on the website)
Trousers- Uniqlo http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/07575900001
Shoes- New Look http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/light-brown-ballet-pumps_227741621

No comments:

Post a Comment