Saturday 20 July 2013

"We're all going on a... Summer Holiday!"

I've been away! On 12th July I flew out to Jersey with my parents and arrived about 45 minutes later, which was perfect. As soon as you arrive you really feel like you're somewhere foreign (not surprising considering the island is only about 15 miles away from the French coast) without a ridiculously long, cramped plane journey. Aeroplanes and I have a love/hate relationship: love the speed and the resulting arrival, hate the actual flight. The airport itself was tiny and reminded me of a lighthouse- very cute!
We stayed in the main town, St. Helier, which was ok- some really lovely parts, some kind of average- just like you get in any town I suppose! On the first day we went for a walk along the beach and for the second and third we hired a car and did a bit of an island tour. I have to admit, I am so glad my dad was the one driving- I'm used to narrow country roads, but some of the ones we (often unintentionally) ended up on were crazy! It is probably 'testament' to my map reading skills that I managed to get us repeatedly lost on an island only 9 miles long by 5 miles wide, but I never did claim to be an expert in such matters.
We saw some gorgeous places, in fact, every coastal village we stopped had its own kind of charm. I loved Gorey, in the shadow of Mont Orgueil Castle, as well as St. Brelade's Bay and the beach at St Quen. To be honest though- nowhere was unpleasant! My photos are sadly minimal, but I'll post a few on as well as a link to the Visit Jersey website for you to have a look at :)
I didn't wear anything particularly exiting I'm afraid, although the trousers from the Tirley Garth photos did get complimented by the lady in the Feel Unique shop (which I didn't even know existed!) which was really kind. I'll do my best with shopping directions though.
I would recommend Jersey to anyone who appreciates a beautiful view and who wants to feel like they're really going away, but doesn't really like flying. We came back on the 15th, which was far too short a time. I really didn't want to come home, which I think is a sure sign of a good holiday. I'm now really keen to visit Guernsey and see how different or similar they are. Maybe next summer...
xxx

Visit Jersey website: http://www.jersey.com/english/Pages/default.aspx

 One of Jersey's beautiful beaches.
 Me and my Mum. My dad has a tendency to take photos of people as they look into the sun, because of the light on the lens, so sorry for the squinting!
 Dreadful angle, but this is Gorey, and Mont Orgueil Castle.
Me in the sea on our second day. I'm wearing a New Look dress that I bought in the sale years ago so it's not available anymore. It only cost me £5 and I've worn it so much!
My bag is from Mango on Regent Street- I can't find it on the website but I only bought it at the beginning of June so it may well still be in shops.
This I can link to! My auntie gave me a voucher for my birthday and this is what I bought with it :)
http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/product/milholme-bikini-pant-01679100106


No comments:

Post a Comment